- NCCTM forms stable suspensions
- NCCTM can be dried and resuspended with full recovery of properties
- NCCTM self-assembles into suprastructures that have low porosity and unique optical properties. NCCTM forms stable suspensions that self-assemble into oriented films upon drying.
For more on this, see Beck, S., Bouchard NCC in a fluid form can be oriented through an electrical or magnetic field., J. and Berry, R.: A New Method to Control Iridescence Colour in Solid Films of Nanocrystalline Cellulose, Biomacromolecules 12: 167-172 (2011)
- NCCTM in a fluid medium can be oriented in an electrical or magnetic field.
- NCCTM has high strength and stiffness and can amplify these properties to a matrix in which it is properly embedded.
- NCCTM can impart impact and abrasion resistance to materials
STRENGTH PROPERTIES OF CELLULOSE NANOCRYSTALS
||Elasticity Modulus (GPa)
|Aluminium with 20% particulate SiC
|Nylon 6/6 30% glass-filled
|0/90/ ±45 carbon in epoxy